I. WHY DO WE NEED SALVATION?
We need salvation because:
1. We are all sinners: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23 “There is none righteous no not one.” Rom. 3:10
2. We cannot save ourselves: “There is none that doeth good, no not one.” Rom. 3:12 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the gift of God; NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.” Eph. 2:8,9
3. We are sentenced to death and hell: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Rom. 6:23
God loves us in spite of our sin and, because we cannot save our selves, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin.
1. His compassion to man: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Rom. 5:8
2. His gift to man: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
OUR ACCEPTANCE OF GOD’S GIFT
The only way that we can be saved from our sins, is by repenting of our sins and placing our faith in Jesus Christ.
1. It is by repenting: “Repent ye therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out.” Acts 3:19 Repentance is not just being sorry for your sins, but turning away from your sins and turning to God through Jesus Christ.
2. It is by receiving Christ: “That if thou shalt confess with thou mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Rom. 10:9 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” Rom. 10:13
“But as many as received him to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” John 1:12 Faith is not just believing facts, but trusting in Jesus!
II. WHY SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED?
Have you been baptized by immersion since receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior?
THE LORD’S PURPOSE IN BAPTISM
1. Baptism is an open profession of our faith in Christ. Acts 8:35
2. Baptism is the manifestation of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and also shows our own participation in His death, burial and resurrection. Rom. 6:3-5
OUR PARTICIPATION IN BAPTISM
Even though baptism does not save us, we are commanded to be baptized.
1. As soon as possible, you should commit to being baptized by immersion to confess Christ before men. Matt 10:32
2. It is obedience to the Lord’s command. Matt 28:19
3. It brings us into the fellowship of the church. Acts 2:41
THE LORD’S PATTERN IN BAPTISM
1. The Lord Jesus began his public ministry by being baptized. Mark 1:9-11
2. The Lord Jesus showed the method of baptism as he went under the water. He showed that immersion is the proper way of being baptized. Mark 1:10
YOUR PLAN FOR BAPTISM
1. Commit now to having a local church baptize you as soon as possible.
2. Commit to doing this to confess before others that the Lord Jesus is now your Savior.
3. Commit to being immersed so you can identify with your Savior.
If you are willing to take this step of obedience unto the Lord, you might now show your commitment through the following prayer: “Dear Lord, I commit myself in obedience to your command, to be baptized as soon as possible and in doing so, confess my faith I now have in you as my Lord and Savior.
III. WHY SHOULD I JOIN A LOCAL CHURCH?
If you are not a member of a local church, according to the scriptures you need to be. If your are, where do you attend?
GOD’S PASSION FOR THE CHURCH
1. Christ Died for the Church. Acts 20:28
2. Christ said he would build his church. Matt 16:18
3. Christ loved the church so much he calls her his Bride. Rev. 21:9
GOD’S PURPOSE FOR THE CHURCH
1. We can worship Christ through the church. Heb. 10:25; Acts 2:47
2. We can witness for Christ through the Church. Acts 1:8
3. We are strengthened through the fellowship of the church. Eph. 4:16
4. We are commanded to attend the church. Heb. 10:25
5. The spiritual gifts the Lord gives for service are to be used in the church. Rom. 12:4-8
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE LOCAL CHURCH
1. By confessing your faith unto a church and then being baptized by that church. Acts 2:41-47
2. By moving your membership from another church that you are no longer able to attend.
3. By a statement that you have been baptized by a local church of like faith and practices.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO JOIN A LOCAL CHURCH
1. Plan now to find a church as soon as possible and join it’s fellowship.
2. Commit now to being faithful to the attendance and participation of your church.
If you are willing to make this promise to the Lord, you may do so by praying the following prayer: “Dear Lord, I thank you for your plan for me through the local church. Help me to find a churchand help me to be a faithful church member. Amen!”
IV. HOW CAN I KNOW THAT I AM SAVED?
Are you sure that you are saved?
GOD WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE SAVED
1. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye man know that ye have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
I John 5:13
WHY DO I DOUBT MY SALVATION
1. You may not have been adequately instructed in the scriptures when you first believed.
2. If you forsake prayer, Bible reading, and worship, you will doubt your salvation.
3. Leaving unconfessed sin in your life wills break the fellowship between you and the Lord.
4. Sometimes extreme hardships in life can cause us to question our relationship with the Lord.
GOD’S PROMISES FOR ASSURANCE
1. God has promised to complete our salvation. Phil 1:6
2. God has promised that we will never have condemnation. “He that heareth my word and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24
3. God has promised that we are protected in his hand. “Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” John 10:28
4. God has promised that we already have eternal life in Salvation. “And this is the record that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his son. I John 5:11
ASSURANCE OF SALVATION IS NOT BY FEELING, BUT BY BELIEVING THE PROMISES OF GOD! “He that believeth on the name of the Son of God hath the witness in himself.” I John 5:10
ASSURANCE COMES BY
1. Confess all known sin to the Lord. I John 1:9
2. Thank Him & believe that he has forgiven.
3. Claim the promises of God, believing that he will never forsake you.
4. Commit yourself to living for him as the Lord of your life.
You may want to pray this Prayer: “Dear Lord, I thank you for the promises of your word and I believe that you have saved me because you said you would. Amen!”
V. HOW CAN I BECOME MORE FOR THE LORD THROUGH REDEDICATION?
If you do not feel that you are as close to the Lord in your relationship with Him as you once were, “What should you do?”
THE LORD’S DESIRE FOR YOUR LIFE AS HIS CHILD
1. The Lord wants to be first in your life. Deut. 6:5
2. The Lord wants you to have joy in your life. John 1:1-4
3. The Lord wants to have fellowship with you. I John 1:3
4. The Lord wants you to walk with a Spirit controlled life, so that you will have victory. Gal. 5:16
5. The Lord wants to restore you to fellowship if you have drifted out in sin. I John 1:9
6. The Lord wants to use you in his service to bring honor and glory to his name. Eph. 2:10
THE LORD’S DIRECTION FOR YOUR LIFE AS HIS CHILD
1. The Lord uses his Word to change us and separate us for his use. John 17:17
2. The Lord uses prayer, Bible study, worship, and witnessing as a means to strengthen us as His children. I Tim. 4:7
3. The Lord corrects us to form us into his image. Heb. 12:10
4. The Lord uses hardships and trials in life to strengthen us for his service. Rom. 8:28-29
WHAT SHOULD I DO
1. Confess all known sin. I John 1:9
2. Commit to being more faithful in prayer, reading your Bible, faithfulness to your local church, and to being a witness for your Lord.
3. Daily, commit thy ways unto the Lord, that not a day goes by without you getting closer to the Lord. As you return to the Lord, realizing the spiritual things that are missing in your life, you may want to pray the following type prayer.
“Dear Lord, I want to confess my coldness, and my indifference and I want to recommit my life to You and ask you to daily change my life for your glory. Amen!”
VI. MY SURRENDER TO CHRISTIAN SERVICE
God wants you to know his will for your life. Eph. 5:17
GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE
God’s Word shows us what his will is for our life.
1. Everyone is to glorify the Lord who has saved us. “That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.” Eph. 1:12
2. Everyone that is saved is to be a follower of Christ.
3. God has given us gifts to minister to others through the church. I Peter 4:10
4. God has called some to minister to the Church. “And he gave some, apostles, and some, prophets:, and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers: For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry. Eph. 4:11-12
GOD’S PROVISION FOR YOUR LIFE
1. God equips you for the ministry He calls you into. Phil 1:13
2. God is the one who calls you into his service. Acts 9:1-20
3. God’s Holy Spirit will empower you to do his will. Acts 1:8
4. Anything God wants you to do is possible through his power. Phil 4:13
OUR PLEDGE TO HIS WILL
1. Desire the will of God. Ps. 143:10
2. Delight to do the will of God. Ps. 40:8
3. Dedicate your life to do the will of God. Rom. 12:1,2
OUR PRAYER OF SURRENDER AND COMMITMENT TO HIS WILL
If you are willing to surrender your life to do God’s will for all of your life, maybe you would
pray a similar prayer that follows:
Dear Lord, I surrender my heart to obey your will and call upon my life as You reveal it unto me. Thank you for the opportunity to serve in your plan for me. Amen!”
Please contact us with any decisions made.